We actively advise clients on matters specifically relevant to them as companies, such as but not limited to incorporation, liquidation, corporate governance, shareholders’ agreements, directors’ duties, general meetings, acquisitions of shares and compliance with the Companies Act 2016 and related legislation and regulations. A substantial number of foreign clients look to us to advise on their direct investments into local companies and the structuring of joint ventures.
Our experience extends to advising on governmental policy and regulatory matters as well as the privatisation and corporatisation of governmental or quasi-governmental entities.
As an adjunct to our legal practice, company secretarial support is provided by RDL Corporate Services Sdn Bhd, a company owned by all the partners of the ﬁrm, which assists with, inter alia :
- Incorporation of companies (whether limited by shares or limited by guarantee)
- Registration of branches of foreign companies
- Purchase of shelf companies
- Provision of registered oﬃce
- Provision of qualiﬁed company secretary
- Maintenance of statutory books and registers
- Preparation and submission of returns to the relevant authorities
- Preparation of Board resolutions
- Attendance at Board meetings
- Arrangements for general meetings
- Issues of shares
- Transfers of shares