Chong Kok Seng
Kok Seng is the firm’s specialist in aviation law, acting for major airlines, aircraft lessors and banks/collateral agents/security trustees in advising on local laws in relation to the sale and purchase, lease and/or financing and securitisation of aircraft. His clients include BBAM Aircraft Management LLC, Macquarie AirFinance and AWAS.
At the same time, Kok Seng also handles mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments and cross-border financing transactions. He has advised long-standing client, the Silverlake Group, (which includes Singapore-listed Silverlake Axis Ltd) on a number of South East Asian software company acquisitions as well as a recent acquisition of SIA X Infotech Group (X Infotech), a global provider of software solutions for identity documents and payment smart cards with operations in Latvia and Kenya.
Kok Seng has been ranked by AsiaLaw Profiles as a Leading Lawyer in Corporate/M&A in its 2014, 2017 – 2019 publications and as a Distinguished Practitioner in its 2020 and 2021 publications, being praised in a leading legal publication as having a “great command of legal issues in Malaysia and great client service”.
He authored the chapter on Malaysian Aviation law in the 2nd – 8th editions (2014 – 2020) of The Aviation Law Review which is published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of London)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 14th November 2003
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Malaysian Legal Profession Qualifying Board
- Member of the Bar Council Corporate and Commercial Law Committee (since 2015)
- Vice-Chair of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) Aviation Law Committee (2015-2020)