Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution
Raja, Darryl & Loh has been representing clients in this area for almost 30 years. Among our partners are Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and one partner is a past President of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators.
Some of our partners sit as arbitrators both in Malaysia as well as other international centres of arbitration and are on the panels of arbitrators of:
- the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) (formerly known as the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration)
- the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- the Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
- the International Chamber of Commerce
In addition, we have partners who have been selected as members of the AIAC’s panels of mediators and adjudicators and as Registered Mediators on the panel of the Malaysian Mediation Centre, which was established under the auspices of the Malaysian Bar Council.
Our international arbitration practice covers multiple jurisdictions, sometimes involving foreign laws including Sudanese, Chinese, Singaporean, English and Ukrainian laws. Members of the team have been retained as arbitrators, advisors and/or counsel on arbitrations conducted under the auspices of many arbitration institutions. One of the partners, Choon Hon Leng, is exceptionally ﬂuent in Mandarin and has advised, drafted documents and conducted international arbitrations in that language.
Our arbitration practice group has worked on disputes in the following areas:
- Building projects
- Corporate and commercial
- Information Technology
- Infrastructure and civil engineering projects
- Oil and gas
- Power projects