Partner – Dispute Resolution, Construction, Infrastructure & Energy
+603-2632 9880 | [email protected]
Shirley practises in the field of civil and commercial dispute resolution, with a focus on construction-related disputes. Her experience includes advisory work, project documentation and formal dispute resolution. She has appeared as counsel in court, arbitration and adjudication proceedings and has been involved in superior and appellate court proceedings in the Malaysian courts with a number of reported decisions to her credit, being cited for her construction dispute resolution work in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 for 2014.
Shirley has developed an area of work related to construction dispute management, namely, the management of industrial incidents and health, safety and environmental issues
She is the Deputy President of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb) for the 2019-2021 term, having previously served as its Honorary Secretary from 2012-2015 and its Vice-President from 2015-2017. Shirley also currently lectures on certain topics in the Diploma in International Arbitration Course for Brickfields Asia College in Kuala Lumpur.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Aberystwyth, Wales)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 18th September 2008
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Malaysian Legal Profession Qualifying Board
- Deputy President of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (2019-2021)