Partner – Dispute Resolution, Construction, Infrastructure & Energy
+603-2632 9880 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Shirley practises in the field of civil and commercial dispute resolution, with a focus on construction-related disputes. Her experience includes advisory work, project documentation and formal dispute resolution. She has appeared as counsel in court, arbitration and adjudication proceedings and has been involved in superior and appellate court proceedings in the Malaysian courts with a number of reported decisions to her credit, being cited for her construction dispute resolution work in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 for 2014.
Shirley has developed an area of work related to construction dispute management, namely, the management of industrial incidents and health, safety and environmental issues.
She was the Deputy President of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb) for the 2019-2021 term, having previously served as its Honorary Secretary from 2012-2015 and its Vice-President from 2015-2017. Shirley also currently lectures on certain topics in the Diploma in International Arbitration Course for Brickfields Asia College in Kuala Lumpur.
In recognition of her experience and prowess, Shirley has been recognised as a leading lawyer in Construction law in the 2024 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific and as a “Leading Individual” in the 2024 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Clients have also gone on record as saying:
- ‘Shirley is most outstanding, in that she is able to assist the company in understanding legal issues, how they may impact the company’s credibility and is able to advise on the most feasible legal position for the company’s consideration.’
- ‘Hor Shirley understands the business and operations well.’
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Aberystwyth, Wales)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 18th September 2008
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Malaysian Legal Profession Qualifying Board