The ﬁrm was involved in the drafting of the Competition Bill 2010 when partner Chew Phye Keat led a task force from the American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce to give feedback to the Malaysian Government on the Bill.
Our competition law practice is highly ranked in the 2019 and 2020 editions of Asia Pacific Legal 500. The ﬁrm is also highly recommended by AsiaLaw Proﬁles for Competition & Antitrust for the years 2013 – 2018, which stated that: “Raja Darryl & Loh’s team is skilled at cartel investigations and litigation, price fixing and abuse of dominance matters”. In the publication ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL’s In-House Community Survey 2013, the firm was named “Firm of the Year” in the Anti-Trust/Competition Category.
Prior to and since the coming into force of the Competition Act 2010 on 1st January 2012, the ﬁrm has been very active in advising on and representing clients in this practice area of law and how it aﬀects the conduct of business in the jurisdiction. Our work includes:
- undertaking competition audits and due diligence on clients’ practices, agreements and policies
- advising on potential abuse of dominant position practices
- advising on potential anticompetitive clauses and agreements
- assisting clients with potential exemption applications to the regulator, the Malaysian Competition Commission (MyCC)
- preparing submissions to MyCC in cases where clients have been handed decisions on infringement
- appearing before MyCC for hearings in relation to infringement cases
The team regularly gives training, seminars and talks to the public and the business community on this area of law.