Yvonne Ong Toon Mein
Partner – Intellectual Property
+603-2632 9886 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne currently heads the Intellectual Property (IP) Practice Group. Besides being a registered Trademark Agent, Patent Agent and Industrial Designs Agent and ensuring that clients’ intellectual property rights are duly registered or otherwise protected and enforced in accordance with the law, she advises on all types of intellectual property issues, including brand strategising, IP commercialisation, licensing, IP policies and enforcement and undertaking litigation where necessary. Her clients range from sole proprietorships to multinational companies which are household names. She enjoys the challenge of devising creative, effective and strategic manoeuvres for the clients in order to overcome the challenges faced by them in the area of intellectual property.
An active member of both the IP Committee of the Malaysian Bar Council as well as the ICC Malaysia Intellectual Property Working Committee, Yvonne was elected as a member of the Executive Committee of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association in 2018 and as its Honorary Secretary in 2021, a post she contains to hold.
She is also a member of the Executive Committee of AIPPI Malaysia, the national group for AIPPI (which stands for “Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle” or International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property).
Yvonne has been recognized as a leading intellectual property practitioner in the 2020 – 2023 editions of Chambers Asia Pacific. The 2021 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific described her as “outstanding”, whilst in the 2022 edition, one client commended her for being “creative and commercially minded”. In the 2023 edition of asialaw, clients were quoted as saying that Yvonne gives “prompt response and sound advice” and is “very commercially minded and [provides] good innovative solutions.”TERTIARY QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor of Commerce (Monash University, Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Laws (Monash University, Melbourne)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 10th January 2002
- Registered Trademark Agent (Malaysia) since 2005
- Registered Industrial Designs Agent (Malaysia) since 2005
- Registered Patent Agent (Malaysia) since 2012
- Member of the Bar Council Intellectual Property Committee (since 2014)
- Member of the ICC Malaysia Intellectual Property Working Committee (since 2015)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member of the ASEAN Intellectual Property Association
- Member of the International Trademark Association
- Member of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association