Yvonne Ong Toon Mein
Yvonne currently heads the Intellectual Property (IP) Practice Group. Besides being a registered Trademark Agent, Patent Agent and Industrial Designs Agent and ensuring that clients’ intellectual property rights are duly registered or otherwise protected and enforced in accordance with the law, she advises on all types of intellectual property issues, including brand strategising, IP commercialisation, licensing, IP policies and enforcement and undertaking litigation where necessary.
Her clients range from sole proprietorships to multinational companies which are household names. She enjoys the challenge of devising creative, effective and strategic manoeuvres for the clients in order to overcome the challenges faced by them in the area of intellectual property.
An active member of both the IP Committee of the Malaysian Bar Council as well as the ICC Malaysia Intellectual Property Working Committee, Yvonne was elected as a Member of the Executive Committee of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association in 2018.
Yvonne has been recognized as a leading intellectual property practitioner in the 2020 and 2021 editions of Chambers Asia Pacific. The 2021 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500 described her as “outstanding”.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Monash University, Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Laws (Monash University, Melbourne)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 10th January 2002
- Registered Trademark Agent (Malaysia) since 2005
- Registered Industrial Designs Agent (Malaysia) since 2005
- Registered Patent Agent (Malaysia) since 2012
- Member of the Bar Council Intellectual Property Committee (since 2014)
- Member of the ICC Malaysia Intellectual Property Working Committee (since 2015)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member of the ASEAN Intellectual Property Association
- Member of the International Trademark Association
- Member of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association