Tham Li Vyen
After her graduation but before commencing legal practice, Li Vyen joined the Malaysian Attorney-General’s Chambers and served as a Deputy Public Prosecutor and a Federal Counsel. After her call to the Malaysian Bar, she practised a number of years in the firm’s medico-legal practice group. Her present core practice area is in employment and industrial relations. In the course of her work, she has advised various clients on the management and handling of employment and industrial relations issues as well as occupational health and safety concerns. Her clientele extends from large multi-national corporations to small and medium enterprises. In addition, she also represents clients in claims and appeals before the Courts.
Li Vyen’s performance as a litigator has been recognised: the legal publication Benchmark Litigation named her as a “Future Star” in its 2019 and 2020 editions.
On another front, Li Vyen was a member of the Malaysian Bar Council Environment & Climate Change Committee for 2013/2014.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Manchester)
- Master of Arts (Healthcare Ethics & Law) (University of Manchester)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 7th May 2010
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Malaysian Legal Profession Qualifying Board