Dato’ Rajasekaran A Murugaiah
(Member of the Firm’s Executive Committee)
+603-2632 9857 |
Dato’ Raja handles general commercial and civil litigation (including the more complex actions involving sale of goods and banking) and corporate litigation involving shareholder disputes and the like. In May 2004, Dato’ Raja was appointed a member of the Homebuyer Claims Tribunal established under the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966 and sat as a President of the Tribunal until 2013. In 2017, he was appointed by the South East Asian Games Federation as the chairman of the Ad-hoc Arbitration Panel for the 29th SEA Games Kuala Lumpur 2017.
AsiaLaw Profiles in its 2017 – 2019 editions listed him as a Market-leading Lawyer for Dispute Resolution.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of London)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister-at-Law (admitted as a member of the Honourable Society of Middle Temple)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales: 28th July 1983
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 28th July 1984
- Member of the Panel of Arbitrators for the Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee Panel appointed by the Advocates and Solicitors’ Disciplinary Board under the Legal Profession Act 1976
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Committee member of The Malaysia Middle Temple Alumni Association