Ng Sai Yeang
Management Partner – Head of Dispute Resolution
(Member of the Firm’s Executive Committee)
+603-2632 9877 | email@example.com
The Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and in active practice since 1991, Sai Yeang has appeared before judges at every level of the Malaysian judicial system, specialising in civil and commercial litigation with particular emphasis on finance, banking, property, receivership and insolvency. She counts most of the major banks in Malaysia as her clients. In addition, her experience extends to representing clients in corporate litigation in matters such as shareholder disputes and boardroom tussles as well as in respect of litigation arising from Islamic banking products such as Al Bai’ Bithaman Ajil, Al Ijarah, Kafalah, Wakalah, Murabahah and Musyarakah facilities.
Sai Yeang has been a member of the Malaysian Bar Council’s Islamic Finance Committee for a number of years and was on the organizing committee for the 2019 National Symposium of Islamic Finance and Capital Market. She also shares her expansive court-room experience by being a Trainer in the Bar Council’s Advocacy Training courses.
The 2020 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific recognised Sai Yeang as a leading dispute resolution practitioner with expertise in insolvency issues, remarking that an interviewee considered her to be “on the ball with her cases.”
- Bachelor of Social Science (Law & Sociology) (University of Keele)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister-at-Law (admitted as a member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales: 1990
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 14th June 1991
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee Panel appointed by the Advocates and Solicitors’ Disciplinary Board under the Legal Profession Act 1976