Ng Sai Yeang
Management Partner – Head of Dispute Resolution
(Member of the Firm’s Executive Committee)
+603-2632 9877 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and in active practice since 1991, Sai Yeang has appeared before judges at every level of the Malaysian judicial system, specialising in commercial litigation with particular emphasis on finance, banking, property, receivership and insolvency. She counts most of the major banks in Malaysia as her clients. With a reliable support team, Sai Yeang has a prodigious workload of corporate litigation briefs relating to matters such as shareholder disputes, boardroom tussles and schemes of arrangement, in addition to civil actions for the recovery of banking debts arising from conventional banking facilities as well as Islamic banking products such as Al Bai’ Bithaman Ajil, Al Ijarah, Kafalah, Wakalah, Murabahah and Musyarakah facilities.
Despite her heavy caseload, Sai Yeang finds the time to serve the Malaysian Bar – as a long-standing member of the Bar Council’s Islamic Finance Committee as well as a member of the Civil Law Committee and of the Kuala Lumpur Bar’s Civil Practice and Court Liaison Committee. She also shares her expansive court-room experience by being a Trainer in the Bar Council’s Advocacy Training courses.
The 2020 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific recognised Sai Yeang as a leading dispute resolution practitioner with expertise in insolvency issues, remarking that an interviewee considered her to be “on the ball with her cases.” She has continued to be ranked in the 2021-2022 editions.
- Bachelor of Social Science (Law & Sociology) (University of Keele)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister-at-Law (admitted as a member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales: 1990
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 14th June 1991
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee Panel appointed by the Advocates and Solicitors’ Disciplinary Board under the Legal Profession Act 1976
- Member of the Malaysian Bar Council Islamic Finance Committee
- Member of the Malaysian Bar Council Civil Law Committee
- Member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Civil Practice and Court Liaison Committee