Ng Sai Yeang
Sai Yeang specialises in civil and commercial litigation with particular emphasis on finance, banking, receivership and insolvency, debt restructuring due to corporate collapses being a substantial component of her practice of late. Her experience extends to representing clients in shareholder disputes, property transactions as well as in respect of Islamic banking products such as Al Bai’ Bithaman Ajil, Al Ijarah, Kafalah, Wakalah, Murabahah and Musyarakah facilities.
Sai Yeang was a member of the Malaysian Bar Council’s Islamic Finance Committee for 2016/2017. She is also a Trainer in the Bar Council’s Advocacy Training courses.
- Bachelor of Social Science (Law & Sociology) (University of Keele)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister-at-Law (admitted as a member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales: 1990
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 14th June 1991
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee Panel appointed by the Advocates and Solicitors’ Disciplinary Board under the Legal Profession Act 1976