Jed Tan Yeong Tat
Partner – Technology, Multimedia & Communications
+603-2632 9918 | email@example.com
Jed Tan (Tan Yeong Tat) specialises in the areas of Telecommunications, Multimedia & Technology and Data Protection. He advises a wide array of clientele on a broad spectrum of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) projects and is actively involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex ICT contracts (including contracts drafted in Chinese).
In 2021, Jed played a key role in assisting a major telecommunications equipment and services provider in the provision of a turnkey broadband cellular system, advising the client in the agreement for the manufacture, supply, delivery, integration, installation, testing, commissioning, management, operation and maintenance of the same.
Jed was also involved in a cross-border railway link project where he advised on the procurement of a management and operation IT system (that provides software solutions and related managed services) for the Johor Bahru – Singapore Rapid Transit System.
Data Protection law is another area in respect of which Jed is regularly engaging with clients. He is particularly experienced in guiding and advising clients on their data protection risk assessment and compliance exercises relating to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Other notable projects in which Jed has played a significant role include:
- an ICT Transformation Project where he acted for a multinational joint venture in respect of its highly complex ICT assets/systems procurement and transfer exercise
- a Turnkey International Submarine Fibre Optic Cable System Project where he advised the main contractor on its work in respect of the turnkey development of an internet cable system for an international internet gateway.
Jed has contributed to, among others, the Malaysian chapter to “Lexology: Getting the Deal Through – Digital Business 2022”.
Clients have been impressed with Jed. In the 2023-2024 edition of asialaw, clients provided feedback as follows:
“Jed is an extremely capable attorney and is an excellent communicator. He is able to understand both legal and commercial issues and provide clear advice to non-legal personnel.”
“He has consistently provided excellent legal support, and I appreciate his patient [sic] and attention to detail and responsiveness to my needs.”
Further, in the 2024 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, a client had this to say:
“Jed Tan Yeong Tat is very engaging and detail-oriented. His ability to understand the risks towards the business and balance them with legal mitigations is excellent, making him an effective adviser.”
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Manchester)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister (called by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn)
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales: 13th March 2014
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 20th March 2015