Charlaine Adrienne Chin
Partner – Dispute Resolution
+603-2632 9904 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlaine’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation. The bulk of her practice thus far has been in respect of medico-legal and dento-legal cases where she has represented medical and dental practitioners in civil suits in the courts as well as in disciplinary inquiries before the Malaysian Medical Council. She was part of the team that was involved in the host of landmark medical negligence appeals to the Federal Court which were reported in late 2017 and 2018. Apart from that, Charlaine also conducts trials and appeals at various levels of the Malaysian courts in respect of tortious and contractual claims involving, among others, sale of goods, banking and professional negligence.
Active on the medico-legal scene, Charlaine often shares her knowledge and insights at medico-legal and healthcare conferences/webinars and contributes to legal articles on healthcare, sometimes revolving around contemporary topics such as digital healthcare and the role of artificial intelligence. She is the current Treasurer of the Medico-Legal Society of Malaysia (MLSM) for 2023/2024, having been a member of its Executive Committee from 2019-2022 and the Assistant Secretary (Legal) for 2017/2018.
She is also the Secretary of the Malaysia Middle Temple Alumni Association.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Cardiff University, United Kingdom)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIP
- Barrister-at-Law (admitted as a member of the Honourable Society of Middle Temple)
- Admitted to the Bar of England and Wales: 22nd July 2010
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar: 2nd April 2012
- Treasurer of the Medico-Legal Society of Malaysia
- Trustee of the Tun Razak Foundation (since 2018)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Alumni Yayasan Tun Razak (since 2017)
- Secretary of the Malaysia Middle Temple Alumni Association